Well, OK, it’s a fourteen part question, but a great one, at that.
If a Republican in 2008 had run promising to do the following things:
(1) Codify indefinite detention into law;
(2) draw up a secret kill list of people, including American citizens, to assassinate without due process;
(3) proceed with warrantless spying on American citizens;
(4) prosecute Bush-era whistleblowers for violating state secrets;
(5) reinterpret the War Powers Resolution such that entering a war of choice without a Congressional declaration is permissible;
(6) enter and prosecute such a war;
(7) institutionalize naked scanners and intrusive full body pat-downs in major American airports;
(8) oversee a planned expansion of TSA so that its agents are already beginning to patrol American highways, train stations, and bus depots;
(9) wage an undeclared drone war on numerous Muslim countries that delegates to the CIA the final call about some strikes that put civilians in jeopardy;
(10) invoke the state-secrets privilege to dismiss lawsuits brought by civil-liberties organizations on dubious technicalities rather than litigating them on the merits;
(11) preside over federal raids on medical marijuana dispensaries;
(12) attempt to negotiate an extension of American troops in Iraq beyond 2011 (an effort that thankfully failed);
(13) reauthorize the Patriot Act
(14) and select an economic team mostly made up of former and future financial executives from Wall Street firms that played major roles in the financial crisis
would you have considered voting for him/her? If not, how do you justify your continued support for President Obama, given He has done all of the above?
That’s why He won’t run on his record, but then, if you’re still going to vote for Him, He certainly doesn’t have to run on much of anything, does He?
July 24th, 2012 at 8:44 am
[…] is so obvious among Obama supporters. Not one can answer this question. None hold him accountable for essentially being the third term of the Bush presidency. None […]
October 24th, 2012 at 9:03 am
[…] More questions for Obama supporters here. […]